Remington Shine Therapy Wide Plate Straightener
Treat your hair to some therapy with the Remington Shine Therapy Wide Plate Straightener that delivers beautifully sleek, shiny looking locks with every stroke
The Remington Shine Therapy Wide Plate Straightener delivers results out of the salon and into your own home. The Advanced Ceramic coated wide plates not only give you smooth results with ultimate control and smooth glide through your hair, but they are also infused with luxurious Moroccan Argan Oil for silky, shiny results.
With heat settings from 150°C up to an impressive 235°C you can be in complete control of your styling. If your hair is coloured, bleached or you have fine hair, select a lower heat setting. For normal hair, opt for a mid-range temperature. And for those with coarse, thick or curly hair, turn up the heat to the maximum heat setting. The Shine Therapy Wide Plate Straightener boasts wide plates to ensure even pressure and maximum width distribution with every silky stroke.
The Remington Shine Therapy Wide Plate Straightener boasts a super-speedy heat up in just 15 seconds, so you’ll be ready to style in no time at all. A temperature lock function means that once you’ve selected your chosen temperature, you can be safe in the knowledge that it won’t change. And if you do forget to turn that switch off once you’ve finished styling, this straightener features an auto shut off after 60 minutes.
How to use
Before use, ensure the hair is clean, dry and tangle-free.
• For extra protection use a heat protection spray.
• Hairsprays contain flammable material – do not use while using this product.
• Section the hair prior to styling. Style the lower layers first.
1. Plug the product into the mains power supply. Press and hold the on button to switch on.
2. When your straightener is plugged in but not turned on the lock symbol B will come on to show that it is in standby mode.
3. Start styling on lower temperatures first. Select appropriate temperature for your hair type using the controls on the side of the product. Recommended Temperatures Temperature Hair type 150°C – 170°C Thin / fine, damaged or bleached hair 170°C – 200°C Normal, healthy hair 200°C – 235°C Thick and difficult to style hair
4. The temperature bars and digital display will stop flashing when the desired temperature is reached.
5. Working on one section at a time, run the straightener through the entire length of the hair without stopping.
6. Only repeat twice per section to prevent damage to the hair.
7. After use, press and hold the off button to turn off then unplug the appliance.
Temperature boost function
• For quick touch ups of stubborn, hard to style sections. The temperature boost function boosts the temperature to 235°C.
• Hold the ‘+’ button for 2 seconds to operate.
Caution: the highest temperature is not suitable for every hair type. If you plan to use this straightener on the boost setting of 235ºC please test on a small section of your hair first. Temperature Lock Function
• Set the desired temperature using the + and – buttons then lock the settings by pressing the “-” button for 2 seconds. The B symbol will appear on the temperature display.
• To unlock the temperature setting, press and hold the “-” button for 2 seconds.
Hazards and Cautions
This appliance can be used by children aged from 8 years and above and persons with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities or lack of experience and knowledge if they have been supervised/instructed and understand the hazards involved. Children shall not play with the appliance. Cleaning and user maintenance shall not be done by children unless they are older than 8 and supervised. Keep the appliance and cable out of reach of children under 8 years. B Do not use this appliance near bathtubs, showers, basins or other vessels containing water. • When the appliance is used in a bathroom, unplug it after use since the proximity of water presents a hazard even when the applaince is switched off. • For additional protection, the installation of a residual current device (RCD) having a rated residual operating current not exceeding 30 mA is advisable in the electrical circuit supplying the bathroom*. * Currently, the fitting in a bathroom of an electrical socket suitable or capable of operating the appliance is not permitted in the UK (see BS7671). • Burn hazard. Keep the appliance out of reach from young children, particularly during use and while cooling down. • Never leave the appliance unattended when it is connected to the power supply. • Always place the appliance (with its stand, if any), on a heat-resistant, stable flat surface. 4 • If the supply cord of this unit becomes damaged, discontinue use immediately and return the appliance to your nearest authorised Remington® service dealer for repair or replacement in order to avoid a hazard. • Do not allow any part of the appliance touch the face, neck or scalp. • Keep the power plug and cord away from heated surfaces. • Do not use attachments other than those we supply. • Do not use the appliance if it is damaged or malfunctions. • Do not twist or kink the cable, or wrap it round the appliance. Check the cord regularly for any sign damage. • This appliance is not intended for commercial or salon use. • CAUTION: Always remove the appliance from the storage pouch/sleeve before heating and allow it to fully cool before placing it back. • WARNING: Contains traces of nuts.
• Advanced Ceramic coated plates infused with Moroccan Argan Oil • Wide (45mm) floating plates for even pressure on the hair • Digital temperature display • Nine temperature settings 150°C – 230°C • Fast heat up in 15 seconds